Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tiny Purse gift box

Hi everyone!  I had so much fun making this tiny purse!  I think I will fill it with Dove chocolates or some other tasty little treat and give it to a friend who is feeling a little down right now.  Being able to give someone something unique and special is one of my favorite parts about paper crafting!


I wanted the whole purse to be shiny, so after I embossed the black with the Cuttlebug, I heat embossed both the black and the green polka dot pieces with clear embossing powder.


The sentiment is from the Tiny Tags stamp set and I tied it on with a bit of Honeydew bakers twine.  



I thought the rhinestones (Close to My Heart) added a fun touch of bling! 


I cut the purse (black) and green layer at 3.75 inches from the Forever Young cartridge. The cute polka dot paper is from Pebbles.


The green layer is actually supposed to go on the inside, but I added it to the outside of the purse instead and then used my exacto knife to cut a slit for the front of the purse to slide into.


 Have a happy day!



17 comments:

  1. Super cute.lOVE the polkadots and faux leather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is the CUTEST ever!!!
    Have a GREAT night!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks stunning especially the shine you have given it!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! It would cheer up anybody, chocolate or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!Gorgeous!Amazing!!!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little purse is adorable. I love the fact that you used clear embossing powder and heat embossed the whole thing. I think that makes it seem more like a real purse. What a great idea and a lovely gift.

    www.pvcreations2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing - it looks so real and I love how small it is. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sure to make your friend perk up! :)

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome! I love the shiny embossed handle....looks so real! :)

    Paula Bee

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great little gift box! Love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun!! I love the idea of heat embossing the whole purse-looks fabulous!! What an adorable purse and would be darling for a party favor...thanks for the inspiration!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just awesome! I LOVE the look of the embossed black! What a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun set and a great way to use your scraps from the purse! LOVE this set and I am sure the person who receives it will too! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips