Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wedding Card - This day I will marry my friend . . .

It seems the wedding season is upon us!  I made this card for my nephew and his sweet new bride.  Something I love about making my own cards is that I can make the card match the couple.  My nephew has red-ish brown hair and his new bride has dark hair.  :)


I cut the wedding couple and all of their fun layers from the Sweethearts cartridge.  Both were cut at 5 inches. 


I embossed the dress with a cuttlebug folder and then used an edge distresser to go along all of the edges.  This gives the embossed dress a finished edge, similar to inking your patterned papers.


The stamped sentiment is one of my favorites from the new Happily Ever After stamp set.



The bride die cut has a veil, but I thought it would be fun to make one from tulle!  So, I cut a piece of tulle that was about 2 inches by 3 inches and then grabbed a bit of glue from my atg gun and gathered the top of the tulle by pressing it into the glue.  I added the flower on top to cover the adhesive and rough edges.  For some reason, I can't seem to cut tulle straight so, in desperation, I tried cutting it with my paper cutter and it came out perfectly! (I have a rotary trimmer).


The flowers are from the Flower Shoppe cartridge cut at 1.0, 0.83, and 0.75 inches.  Make sure you have a newer blade and a sticky mat when you cut these flowers this tiny!  This flower is on the top row (button #4).


 I did a little stitching and inking around the base of the card and then used dimensional squares, which I trimmed to fit, to pop the die cuts up off the card a bit.


 I used a pen to make a dot for their eyes and for the buttons on the groom's shirt.  I also added some liquid pearls to the centers of the flowers on the bride's bouquet.


 Have a happy day!



23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Love the use of the tulle. Great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning Kimberly!!! I love the tulle veil and the embossing on her dress!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love the tulle for the veil and the embossing on the dress. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Kimberly what a stunning super elegant creation you have shared!! Special indeed
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love the detail and I am sure they will love this awesome card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. really cute
    Thanks for sharing
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card, I love the tulle veil!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're card is beautiful. They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Kimberly...this is Beautiful!!!
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! OK, now I need this cartridge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!I love this card!!!Gorgeous and Beautiful!!Amazing job!TFS...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful. The tulle really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO pretty! I love all the embossing, stitching, and 3D flowers. The tulle is a perfect touch! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card...I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to your nephew and his new bride! They are sure to be delighted with their custom card! It is wonderful to be able to create things that are unique and a fit for the recipients.
    Your card is gorgeous, Kimberly! I love the details - especially the wonderful veil. And I've never even heard of an edge distresser before so will be on the hunt for one now!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh I really love this, gorgeous Kimberly!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is beautiful Kimberly!! The embossing looks fabulous on the wedding dress and love the awesome tiny flowers for the bouquet:) What a beautiful card for your nephew and his bride to be:) I purchased this stamp set also and love it!!! I also have a nephew getting married in June and plan to use this set. Congrats to you nephew-gorgeous card!
    sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a Beautiful card. Never thought about using tulle. I will have to keep this in mind, since I have a wedding card to make for a Sept Wedding. TFS


    http://vickiesscrappings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous. Love how you have customised the hair so its more personal.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, love the way you did the flowers and veil. Awesome job,

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, love the dress, veil and flowers. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips