Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gift Box for Dad!

Hello, my crafty friends!   Monday was my DT day over at She's a Sassy Lady.  So, I made this fun shirt box from the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More 2 cartridge.  (Love this cartridge!!)  I thought it would be great for Father's Day!


I cut the shirt box (p. 44 - TBBM2) at 9 1/2 inches.  I love to use double sided patterned paper for gift boxes.  On this cut, the collar and pocket match the inside of the shirt.


This box opens from the top and has a shirt 'back' and 'front'.  The patterned paper is from Crate Paper and the green for the tie is Bazzill.  The little tag is cut from Kraft colored cardstock (Coredinations).  


I inked everything with brown ink from Studio G before assembling the box and layers.


The stamped sentiment is from my Tiny Tags Stamp Set.


I used dimensional adhesive to 'pop' the tie, pocket, and tag up a bit.


I used a piece of crochet string to attach the tag to the shirt. This little box was so easy and went together really fast!


I hope you are all having a great summer!


14 comments:

  1. super cute.love the polkadots on tie.that tag is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.. I cant wait to get that cartridge in. I ordered it the other day.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute little box...love it! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job - love your choice of double sided paper. Ever since I got this cartridge I've been wanting to cut out that shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!! I think the paper you chose made that box so cute TFS :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly what an awesome little box and perfect for Father's Day. I love the detail and the inking that you did just adds so much dimension and life to it. Thanks for sharing with us at She's A Sassy Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute. I like the colors.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This box is really fabulous!! Really love the paper you used.
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute shirt I love this cart too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I love how you pop dotted the tie and pocket. The pattern paper looks so neat when folded over for the collar! Such an awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a fabulous Father's Day gift!!! I just love this..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is WAY cute Kimberly! I love the cool paper and awesome tie! Great project!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this gift boxes for dad. Nice gifts.

    Gift Bags and Boxes

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips