Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DT post by Kate - Congrats graduate!

Welcome visitors to My Craft Spot!  I'm Kate from Small Bits of Paper and I'm delighted to share a project with you today.


My daughter recently graduated from high school and I made this card for my husband and I to give her to let her know how very proud we are of her.  Although Erin's school colours are green and gold, Erin wore hot pink to prom and so I decided to go with that colour instead.  It's more bright and celebratory! 

Way to go Graduate! ~ Congrats ~ UR Fabulous

The graduate was cut from Paper Dolls Teen Scene at 6 inches.  I then used a Stampin' Up punch for the borders at the top and bottom of the card.  I cut the little tags and shadows for my banner using the new Tiny Tags dies and stamped them using sentiments from both Tiny Tags and Tiny Tags 2.  I just LOVE these little stamps and dies!!  I used some fun Pink Sorbet baker's twine to string my banner - and tied some little bows for each tag too.  I finished things off with some bling, using some large gems to create some sparkle on my card.

Thanks so much for coming to My Craft Spot today!  Don't forget to come back tomorrow to check out Amber's fabulous project! 

9 comments:

  1. Kate- awesome, awesome card!! I love it as I am sure your daughter did as well. I hope your trip was amazing!!

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love paper dolls teen scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Kate!! Love the tags on teh twine!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutest Graduation
    card I have seen in a long time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Kate! I am sure your daughter loved it:) Congrats to her!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute grad card love the small tags on the card

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips