Friday, July 6, 2012

Flashback Friday - Floating Window Cards!


Welcome to another Flashback Friday.  I first posted these cards over a year ago, but thought you might enjoy a second look.  Scroll down to the bottom for a video tutorial!


The sentiment for the outside and the matching sentiment for the inside of this card come from the Inside & Out #1 stamp set. 


I curved them on my acrylic block for this fun, wavy look.


The twine is black licorice.


The patterned paper for the hearts come from some DCWV adhesive backed stacks of cardstock I have.  The adhesive back makes this project a lot easier!


To string the hearts:

1. Tape pieces of white sewing thread on white card base.
2. Stick hearts on top of thread and then put a second heart on the back so that the thread is sandwiched between the hearts.
3. Adhere the blue layer on top to cover all of the thread ends and tape.
4. Adhere the pink frame on top and add faux stitching with a white gel pen.


I made this card the same way and there is a video if you keep scrolling down.




The scalloped 'window frame' is from the Birthday Bash cartridge and was cut at 3.18 inches.


The candles were cute from the Birthday Bash cartridge.  The center candle was cut at 2.11 inches and the other two candles at 1.86 inches.  

The fun papers were from Pebbles.


The sentiments are from the  Sweet Sentiments #1 and #2 stamp sets.


I added stickles to the candles and did some faux stitching and dots with my black and white pens.  


Here is a video showing how I made the floating candles window card:


Happy crafting!



5 comments:

  1. How much fun are these cards!! I just love them!! Thanks for the tutorial! Have a great weekend!!

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute...the windows are wonderful! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My, these are adorable!! I love them!! Thanks for the video! Gotta make some! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card. TFS.

    Sew Sweet N Crafty
    SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi..!!! wow... Love the hearts floating ..like that of mine...simply cute...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips