Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Challenge #62 - 4th of July & Canada Day


Hello my crafty friends! Are you ready for another fun challenge?!

This week's challenge:  4th of July & Canada Day

I love having a day set aside to celebrate the freedoms I enjoy living in the US!  I always get a little emotional when I think about the sacrifices made, in the past and today, by so many brave men and women.  My Father-in-law was a soldier during WWII and has been telling us some of his experiences there.  It is hard to even imagine the price paid by so many for our freedom.  To all those who have fought in the past and for all who are still fighting to secure our freedoms, peace, and happiness - Thank you!  And a huge thank you to all of you who hold everything together at home so your husband's can serve our country.

Now it's time for some inspiration from my fabulous Design Team!

Gwen

Gwen's card is awesome!  I love the button and ribbon tab at the top and the kraft background!


I love all of the doodling and faux stitching Gwen added and the Airmail bakers twine is perfect for 4th of July projects!


Robin

Robin's card is sooo cute!  I love the die cut she chose and the fun papers!


And the tiny pinwheels are absolutely adorable!!


Robin tied everything together with Blueberry Divine twine and her stamped sentiment is from the Sweet Sentiments #1 stamp set.


GiGi

The little bird on GiGi's card is so cute and I love how she attached her fun tag with the Denim twine!  


The tag sentiment is from the Birthday Wishes stamp set.



Kate

Kate's card is so pretty!  I love how she made all of this with just one patterned paper!


Kate used stamps from the Winter Wonderland stamp set to build her sentiment.  How clever!


Amber

I absolutely love the crinkle ribbon sparkler Amber made for her card!


The Christmas stamp Amber used works great for the 4th of July too!  :)


I love the embossed background with the stitching!  Such a fun card!


Marlene

I love all of the fun goodies Marlene has added to this sweet treat!



So cute!!



Stamp Sets Used
Merry Christmas!
Sweet Sentiments #1
'Tis the Season
Birthday Wishes
Winter Wonderland

Crinkle Ribbon Used
Cranberry
Snow White
Navy Blue
Maple Leaf

Bakers Twine
Airmail
Denim 
 Blueberry Divine

This Week's Prize:



Link Here for a chance to win!





Only one week until our stamp release party!  I am so excited for this one!


Click HERE to grab the party button and enter to win the Happily Ever After Stamp set!

I will announce the prize winner later tonight.  :)

Happy crafting!


17 comments:

  1. Great design team projects. Fun challenge too!

    Linda
    http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all of them are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how Amber used the crinkle ribbobn! All are great

    Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO in love with your Baker's Twine AND your crinkled seam binding. Just gorgeous!
    Thanks for the chance to win, Kimberly!
    I, too, am SO grateful to the men and women, much like your Father-in-Law, who serve to give us the freedoms we have in this country!
    Happy 4th to you all!
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the projects are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the creativity in all the projects. Happy 4th of July!!! Shawn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects DT!! I just linked my project,

    Veronica G
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely an Amazing DT team!!!

    Migdalia
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous projects!! Wow, so much inspiration...love all the designs:) Fun challenge!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards. Love the variety TFS
    hAVe and gr8 day
    Julie

    http://9-2-midnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL job from all the DT!!!Thanks for a great challenge!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. THanks for the wonderful challenge and the beautiful DT inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the fabulous challenge, the amazing DT inspiration, and the chance to win this fabulous twine!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great dt inspiration thanks for the fun challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kate's card totally inspired my flag! She suggested I link up here-Thanks, Kate!
    Lovely products, must add to my bookmarks and following! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. First time entering after a month long illness so THANK YOU for the Red, White & Blue inspiration !! AMBER I LOVE your crinkle ribbon card...way to go!!
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips