Wednesday, August 8, 2012

DT post by Kate - Birthday card for Teenage Boy!

Hello crafters!  I'm Kate from Small Bits of Paper and I'm so happy to be sharing a project with you.  Today is my son's 15th birthday and I made this card especially for him.  I'm so happy with the way it turned out!


I used Basketball Solutions to create the court mat.  As the cartridge has just a half court, I duplicated the image, turned it around and welded it to the first to make a full court.  I did the same with the shadow as well.


The basketball player on my card is from Paper Dolls Teen Scene.  I used my Gypsy to hide the number 5 that was on the shirt and substituted 15 (my son's age) using Opposites Attract.  The little basketball is an accessory from Paper Dolls Teen Scene too.


The little sign was simply cut with a paper cutter and I then used sentiments from My Craft Spot's Inside and Out Set #2 (Birthday) and Sweet Sentiments Set #2 (Boy).  I added some eyelets and strung some Halloween baker's twine - from My Craft Spot - to "hang" the sign.  Finally, I added a little star brad to finish things off.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment from My Craft Spot's Birthday Wishes set.  I also used a basketball stamp that I've had in my stash for ages.  It was perfect to tie in the front of the card with the back!

1 comment:

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips