Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DT post by Marlene - You make life sweet!

Hi Everyone!

Marlene here from ScrappinCookie!

I'm back today with another project using some of My Craft Spot's wonderful products.

Today's project - Ice Cream Sundae - has actually been sitting on my desk for a few weeks now. Its slightly unfinished, not because I ran out of time, but because I'm not sure which way to go with it. However, I still wanted to share it with you. 


It started out as an Ice Cream Sundae Shaped Card, but as I went adding details, it turned out to be quite layered and dimensional.


The Ice Cream Sundae is from the Cricut Lite Fast Food Cartridge. I replaced the cherry cut with a red button and used some "Chocolate Truffle Brown" Trendy Twine  - available HERE at the My Craft Spot Store - for the stem.


I tied some "Snow White" Crinkle Ribbon - available HERE - around the Ice Cream Sundae Bowl to make a double-loop bow.


Added a sentiment strip with the "You make life so sweet!" sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Sweet Sentiments #2" Stamp Set. Centered some more "Chocolate Truffle Brown" Trendy Twine and a small pink pearl.


Although the Ice Cream Sundae didn't quite work out as a Shaped Card, I might still use it as a Home Decor Piece or something.

For more details on my ICE CREAM SUNDAE, please click HERE.

Thank You for joining me here at My Craft Spot!




12 comments:

  1. what a delicious card ...just so yummy hugs sasysx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute...love the button and twine as the cherry! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable:) Ice Cream is fun:)
    http://tabithaskitchen.blogspot.com/
    DT CALL HAPPENING:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Great job on all the details!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips