Friday, October 12, 2012

Cinderella - proof that a new pair of shoes can cange your life!


I made this fun shape card a while back and had it published in Aug/Sep 2012 issue of the Cricut Cards Idea Book.  Yay!  It was in the same issue as my daughter's and my witch shoe card was published in.  I guess we have a thing about shoe shaped cards . . .


This shoe was cut at 7 inches from the Forever Young cartridge.
 

The fun stamped sentiment is from my Happily Ever After stamp set.  I tied the tag on with some tulle and added 2 pearls (hot glue works best for this).  I cut the tag at 1.04" from the Forever Young cartridge (use your hide contour button to hide the word 'glitz')


After assembling, I added glossy accents to the black heel and 'inside' of shoe and then added Crackle Accents to the blue piece. 


To make the card base, I used the 'hide contour' button on my Gypsy to hide one of the shoes and everything but the outline on the other shoe.  Then I cut two from black.   


I scored about one inch from the left side of the shoe and adhered the high heel and left side of shoe together to form the card base. 


 This card is really pretty simple to make.  The hardest part is waiting for the glossy and crackle accents to dry.  :)

 
Have a great day!


10 comments:

  1. Very cute stamp and imaginative card. Great job!

    Barb from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable shoe!!!Love this shape card!!TFS
    Enjoy your day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is by far, about the best card I have see to date! When I was working, I had so many shoes, my husband call me the American version of Imelda Marcos! A shoe and bag for every outfit and a plastic box for every pair (and labeled)! Not anymore, but WOW, this is my kind of card. Just love it, thank you so much for sharing and you can bet your booty, I will be using this for every occasion I can think of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shoe shaped card. Especially like the adding of the enamel accents & crackle accents and tulle. Like shaped cards. Yes, hard part is dry time waiting.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the step-by-step instructions! This is a great card and most likely be scrap-lifted in the future. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is awesome, it looks so real. And thanks for always giving us instructions so we can scraplift LOL
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is stunning! I love it.....Sole art!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips