Wednesday, October 3, 2012

DT post by Ally - Sweet cupcakes for you!

We have 2 posts today, so scroll down to see the Monday Challenge winners.  :)

Hi everyone! This is Ally from Rock Paper Cricut here with a set of *sweet* birthday cards.  I love cupcakes and thought this cupcake would be perfect.

 The*4 You* is from the Tiny Tags  stamp set by My Craft Spot.
The tag is cut from the Tiny Tags metal dies set. I tied my cute tag
with some spring green Traditional bakers twine.
 I stamped *Sweet Birhday wishes* from the Birthday Wishes set.
 The cupcake is from the Create a Criter cartridge cut at 3.35"
and fits perfectly on a 5X5 card base. I chose a bright red
paper for the cherry and glossy accented it up for a realistic looking
marschino cherry. Yum! I also popped the cupcake up with
deminsionals and rounded the corners with a 1/2 inch corner rounder.

I hope you enjoyed this set of birthday cards and look forward to you visiting me at Rock Paper Cricut.  

Until then, happy crafting! ~Ally

6 comments:

  1. Super cute little cards!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The polka dotted paper is wonderful for the yummy looking cupcake cards.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute set of cards

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how you made the cupcake without the smiley face and vertical lines on the liner. I used this cupcake for my daughters 1st birthday card, but almost wished the smiley face wasn't there.

    Thanks,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This card was made by Ally, so I'm not sure on the details. If a Cricut cut has lines (or a smiley face) that you don't want, you can 'hide' them with the Gypsy or Cricut Craft Room so that they don't cut.

      Delete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips