Thursday, October 18, 2012

DT post by Marlene - Best Witches Turtle

Hi Everyone!
Marlene here from ScrappinCookie!

It's technically my week off from DT Assignments, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to create an adorable shaped card for this week's EMBOSS IT! Challenge. For FULL details on the challenge, click HERE

So without further ado, I send you all my Best Witches with this Witch Turtle Shaped Card.


She was cut from the new Cricut Create A Critter 2 Cartridge at 5-1/2". I replaced the original Hat Buckle for some of My Craft Spot's "Toadally Green" Crinkle Ribbon. I folded the ribbon in half lengthwise to make it thinner to fit around the Witch's Hat.


I EMBOSSED her Belly with the Tiny Mosaic Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and added some Stickles to the edges.


No Witch is complete without her trusty Broom. I replaced the Broom Bristles with some "Buttercup" Twinery Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot. Some "Chocolate Truffle" Trendy Twine was used to hold the "Broom Bristles" together, but got hidden behind the Sentiment Tag.


To the Broom, I added a tag stamped with the "Best Witches To You" Sentiment from the My Craft Spot "Best Witches To You" Stamp Set with some "Orange Licorice" Trendy Twine - available HERE at My Craft Spot.


I hope you have enjoyed my "BEST WITCHES TURTLE" and have inspired you to use some of the amazing My Craft Spot products and use the stamps in creative ways.

If you haven't already joined this week's EMBOSS IT! challenge, there's still time!! You have until Monday, October 22nd 11:59PM MST to enter for your chance to win this week's prize!

For more details and pictures on my BEST WITCHES TURTLE SHAPED CARD, please click HERE.

Thank You for joining me here at My Craft Spot!



7 comments:

  1. Oh my I just love this cute card... What clever idea the turtle is the cutest yet...
    TFS! love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. Love that little witch turtle. The trendy twine and crinkle ribbon are perfect additions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. Love the embossing.

    Hugs Nana
    http://www.mycraftingchannel.com/2012/10/pumpkin-patch-cuties-svg-cutting-files.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww...I just received my CAC2 and was looking at the Witch Turtle because it caught my attention.He is a Cutie Pie!!!Love it!
    Enjoy your day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little turtle is soooo cute!! Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve her. Her little round body, the embossing and the cute face and broom. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips