Monday, November 12, 2012

DT post by Heather - Merry Christmas Trees


Hi there! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards! I am having so much fun with the beautiful new release from My Craft Spot! I love Christmas, and all the sentiments are as beautiful as can be. So...I was inspired to put together another card to share, using one of the newly released stamp sets! Here it is:


I used a sentiment from the Mistletoe stamp set:


All my card elements were cut using my Silhouette Cameo, and a file from the Silhouette store.


I used a combination of older pattern papers from October Afternoon, and My Mind's Eye.


The trees are attached with foam adhesive for dimension, as well as the main scallop image. I also inked the edges of all my cuts with Tim Holtz distress ink.


Added some brown jute twine, and a couple of stick on pearls under the sentiment.


I hope you are enjoying your Christmas preparations! If you need some wonderful Christmas and winter sentiments, make sure and check out this wonderful new stamp release! 

7 comments:

  1. Kimberley, this is one beautiful Christmas creation. Love the joyful non traditional colours.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card I love the christmas trees and the layout and design are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love those trees and the colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trees are so fun. I like the stubby body and elongated stems. Sets them apart. Nice cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the way you have grounded all the bright colors with the Tim Holtz distressing ink and the brown jute. Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips