Monday, December 31, 2012

Sweet Thankyou Cards & Happy New Year

We won't be having a Monday Challenge today, but will start up again next week.  I can't wait to show you the cute cards my DT has been working on for the next challenge!

My parents gave us a really nice ice cream machine for Christmas, so I thought it would be fun to make them a thank you card that went with their sweet gift! 


I couldn't pick just one patterned paper, so I decided to make 4 thank you cards (you can never have enough thank you cards!) and then I will send them my favorite one.


All of the sentiments on these cards come from the Thank You stamp set.  There are soooo many fun combinations in this set!


I tied the sentiment tag on with Olive jute string.


For the cones, I ran the light brown pieces through my cuttlebug and then inked them with brown ink.


 I used my corner rounder on some of the sentiments to match the rounded lines of my shape cards.


I used brown ink on part of the sentiments and red (SEI) ink on others.  I think it looks fun to mix and match!


 For this card, I just stamped the sentiment right on the ice cream cone.


I wanted green for the strawberry top, so I cut the the 'chocolate syrup' layer a second time from green and then hand trimmed the top off.


I cut all of these at 5 inches from the Sweet Treats cartridge.


 Have a very happy and safe New Years!!



13 comments:

  1. These are so adorable. I love that each one is different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so cute! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable! I love the embossed cone and the colors are so yummy! Great job!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, love the colors your chose and the details are so amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so awesome! I love the papers, the colors and cute, cute sentiments!! Love these!
    Happy New Year!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute Kimberly! I love the embossed cones and different pattern papers! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these , they truly are just sweet !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! They look good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These just couldn't be any sweeter. Love the papers. They turned out awesome!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    Cre8n4u

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips