Friday, December 7, 2012

Vintage Christmas card


No Cricut on this card - gasp!!  I hardly ever make a card without my Cricut, so I was kinda surprised myself.  I have a 6x6 paper pad (My Minds Eye - Holly Jolly) with this Santa page in it and thought it would make a great card!


The banners I cut using the Lacy Banners metal dies.  I used patterned papers from the same 6x6 pad so they would all coordinate, then attached the banners with Red jute string.


I inked the edges of everything with Cocoa ink from Close To My Heart, then went over it again with Distressed Walnut ink.  The stamped sentiment is from the new Joy To The World stamp set.


Click HERE to see all of the Christmas stamps and HERE to see all of the metal dies at My Craft Spot! 

I hope you are all having a happy December and that your Christmas shopping and prep are going well.  What a busy and wonderful time of year!  In John 16:33, the Lord admonished us to "Be of good cheer: I have overcome the world."    Life is good.  :)



14 comments:

  1. So pretty...love the banners! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautifully designed. Gorgeous colour combo and lovely little finishing touches. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this card....I love when the paper can be the entire focus. That sentiment fits perfectly with the theme of the card. Beautifully well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card the layout is beautiful. I love the banner. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is sooo beautiful! I absolutely love the My Mind's Eye paper pads. I have like a million of them. Love the distress ink touch!!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vintage card is just beautiful! I love the colors anf the image!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs
    use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!
    Also visit my page :: golden virginia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a GORGEOUS card!!! Love the vintage feel and the banner is awesome!!! I may have to look at those dies again:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so beautifulI. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Kimberly! I love the vintage santa paper and the banner you created! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the banners and the vintage theme! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips