Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DT post by Sherrie - My favorite place is inside your hug

Scroll down or click HERE to see the winners from last weeks challenge.

Hi Everyone! This is Sherrie from Sherrie Scraps with Passion here to share a card with you today. With Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought I would try and start on a few more cards so I am not rushing as it gets closer.

Here is my card for some Valentine inspiration using My Craft Spot Always & Forever stamp set. The perfect set to have for your Valentine cards!


I made this cute heart shaped card using my gypsy and welding the shapes together for the base. I cut them at 5.99 x 5.61 from the Create A Critter 2 cartridge. The smaller heart shape is cut at 5.75 x 5.39 and embossed with a sizzix folder-sorry don't have the name on this one but it has a beautiful flower/heart pattern on it.


 I also cut the cute little koala bear from the Create A Critter cartridge at 3.32 x 4.34 and used the hide feature so I could stamp the face using the PK critter face set. The little flower is cut at 2" from the Artiste cartridge which I inked up a bit along with some of the other pieces with Tim Holtz fired brick. The sweet sentiment in the heart is My Craft Spot Always & Forever stamp set. I added a crinkle ribbon bow and the Divine Valentine Twist twine is from My Craft Spot. The fun button and flourishes are from Recollections which I purchased at Michael's.

I hope you like my card and if you would like to see more about this, please come
Sherrie

4 comments:

  1. The Koala is sweet. Like the inking & gem flourishes. I have a fondness for Koalas & Pandas.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable! Loved all the detail and that you made your card a heart shape:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute, this is adorable Sherrie! The sentiment is so very sweet!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips