Friday, February 22, 2013

Birthday Sailboat

Hello, my crafty friends!  Happy Friday!  I had about 30 seconds to snap pictures of this card with my phone just before I ran out the door to make it to the post office before they closed.  They are a bit blurry, but I thought I would post anyway.  :)


I cut the card base at 4.88 inches from the Elegant Edges cartridge.  The sailboat was cut at 4.25 inches from the New Arrival cartridge.  I popped all of the layers up with dimensionals.  I also hand cut the blue base of the boat so I could have more layers on this fun cut.  (I wanted the mast to be a different color than the boat.)


I taped one end of the Natural jute twine behind the base of the boat and then wrapped it around the mast, tying it off at the top to attach the tag.  I cut the tag layers with the Tiny Tags metal dies and then stamped a sentiment from the Tiny Tags stamp set.


The jute string is really fun to work with and is this month's deal of the month!

Each color comes in a bundle of 10 yards each

Jute String


Get all 10 colors for only $12.99!

As always, shipping is free in the U.S.
(only $5.00 to Canada and $15.00 anywhere else in the world)

Happy crafting!


15 comments:

  1. Great masculine card. Love the colours and theme.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, love the twine details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Kimberly! Your little sailboat is fantastic and love the way you used the twine!
    Happy Friday!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply ADORABLE!
    Have a Fabulous Weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card, Kimberly! I love the way you've added twine and your inked blues are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card with great dimension!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Kimberly! I love the muted blues and stitching line. The tag looks so cute with the twine wrapped around the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card Kimberly! I love the muted blues and all the stitching. The tag is so cute and I love how you wrapped the twine around the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is ADORABLE Kimberly!!! LOVE the cute blues and the twine!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute and the jute adds a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is marvelous, Kimberly! I'm so happy you had a few seconds to snap pictures! :o) The sailboat looks amazing.. fantastic colors and design. The jute string is a perfect accent and I love where you placed the precious tiny tag! Lovely creation! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card. Love the image and added stitching.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card Kimberly, the sailboat is awesome, I love how you wrapped the twine around the mast (I think that is what it's called?) Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...this is SO cute! Love how you wrapped the twine around the mast and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips