Thursday, February 28, 2013

DT post by Kate - Bee Happy!

Hello crafters!  This is Kate from Small Bits of Paper and today I have a "springy" card to show you.  Here in my part of Canada, we've had a very snowy February and I am more than ready for spring!


I embossed the background of my card with a folder from Stampin' Up.  Using my Cricut, I cut little hexigons from Accent Essentials, using several pieces of scrap paper to vary the colours and patterns.  (I did need to stretch the hexigons to make them fit the embossed portions of my card.)  I also used Accent Essentials to create the little border at the side of my card and then handstitched the zigzag in blue.


The little sentiment tag was handcut (using a square punch on the diagonal for the pennant end).  I stamped the tag with a fun sentiment from My Craft Spot's Sweet Sentiments - Set #2.  My little bee is from Walk in my Garden.  I popped the sentiment tag and bee onto my card to add even more dimension.

Don't forget that this week's challenge at My Craft Spot is "Pop it up!"  You have until Monday to link up your own project to be eligible to win this week's prize - a New Arrival stamp set.

Thanks for dropping by My Craft Spot!  Have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

  1. Too cute. Love the colors.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for the effort, keep up the good work Great work, I am going to start a small Blog Engine
    course work using your site I hope you enjoy blogging with the popular BlogEngine.
    net.Thethoughts you express are really awesome. Hope you will right
    some more posts.

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... www.freakboo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card! I love the quilt look!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a LOVELY card!Great job!
    Have a FABULOUS day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card,Very pretty,love your background...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, this is such an inspiring design! The filled-in embossing is spectacular and I love the papers you chose. Beautifully crafted, as always! :o) Have a bee-utiful day! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips