Saturday, February 16, 2013

DT post by Kate - Wish Big!


Hello My Craft Spot Crafters!  This is Kate from Small Bits of Paper and I'm here to show you a "guy card" that I made using some of the fabulous metal dies available for purchase here at My Craft Spot.

 

Each of the points on my star was cut using a die from the Lacy Banners Metal Dies set.  (They're not just for banners!!)  I embossed each one using my Cuttlebug and used my craft mat to align the points before adhering them to the red circle.  The inner blue star burst and white circle were also cut from the Lacy Banners Metal Dies set.  I popped my star on a background created by embossing a piece of white cardstock. 




The tag on my card was cut using the Tiny Tags Metal Dies set.  I love the graduated sizes so that a shadow can be used for the little tags!  Both sentiments used on my card are from the Tiny Tags stamp set.  I also used some wonderful Peppermint Stick baker's twine to wind around my card.

Thanks so much for visiting My Craft Spot today!  Have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

  1. Too cute. Love the colors.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative use of the dies, my dear friend! This is marvelous and a great inspiration for those often-challenging masculine cards. Beautiful detailing and I love the sweet little sentiment! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the embossing and the use of different print papers!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the variety of colors! Love the twine too with the sentiment tag!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips