Tuesday, May 21, 2013

DT Post by Robin - Hip Hip Hooray graduate!

Hello, this is Robin from Robin's Creative Cottage with a fun Graduation shape card share. I used two of Kimberly's stamp sets... Sweet Sentiments set #2 and Tiny Tags.

I made this card from scratch using my Silhouette Cameo, and it was easy peasy with all the simple features in the silhouette studio.

With graduation coming up so quickly I wanted to have a few cards to give to my daughters friends, to celebrate their special day.


I love shape cards, but my favorite part of this card is the fun wavy banner!
 I stamped the Hip Hip Hooray! from Sweet Sentiments #2 and the word Graduate is from the Tiny Tags stamp set (I masked off the "way to go" so it wouldn't get inked).
I made two score lines on each side of the words then folded them back and forth, added thick mounting tape between each fold to give it some lift.


The graduation hat is from Miss Kate Cuttables. I added a layer of black fun foam to give it a 3-D look, along with orange embroidery floss for the tassel.


other view of the shape card.


Have a great day and thanks so much for visiting today.... feel free to visit my blog for more creative projects...

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love the shaped card based on the graduation year! Another reason I need a Silhouette. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shaped card, I always want to make those and never seem to get it right! Thanks for the inspiration to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just love this idea. Super graduation card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips