Friday, May 24, 2013

Guest Designer - Jenny Newlin!


Hey, y'all!  This is Jinny Newlin from Soaring.  Kimberly asked if I'd like to be the Guest Designer today, and I adamantly said, "Yes!"  What an honor!  So, I picked the Thank You stamp set to share with you all and created a card set that will soon be on its way to my sister for her birthday.


Here's a closeup of one of the cards, but they all vary slightly in my choice of sentiment in order to really show of this gorgeous set, as well as in the mix of patterned papers used.


I started this card by anchoring a large piece of patterned paper in the center of the Kraft, cardstock, card face with black-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.  I then adhered a patterned, paper panel in and near the left edge of the previous piece and secured it with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  A stack of three, die-cut, patterned, paper hearts were then adhered, in a column of three, down the center of that panel and anchored with black-threaded, messy, machine stitches, before being fluffed for dimension.


Finally, I stamped the "You shouldn't have But I'm glad you did" sentiment, on a hand-cut, White, cardstock pennant, which was set, near its left end, with a color-coordinating brad, laced with a hemp twine bow, and adhered it, with foam tape, between the top two fluffed hearts. 


I hope you'll stop by my blog to see lots more closeups, as well as how I've packed these cuties up for delivery.  Kimberly is also offering up a FREE stamp set of choice to one lucky commenter on my blog.  So, stop by the Clear Stamps link above; track down your favorite set; and drop by to tell me which one you picked.  Can't wait to see you there!  Have a blessed weekend! 

Click HERE to see all of the stamps at My Craft Spot.


12 comments:

  1. Thanks ever so much for having me! I had so much fun playing with these gorgeous sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jinny is AMAZING.. love this card set..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the stitching and hearts on your card set. Beautiful. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What delightful creations from Jinny! I'm a BIG fan and so happy to see her pretty work here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! The stitching is wonderful,so creative. The sentiments go perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! They're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful set of cards--love all the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are works of art! TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful set of cards! I love all of the stitching and the layered hearts. I'm off to check out your blog. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved Jinny's card set! She is fabulous and a fabulous choice for a GDT showcase! :-)))

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips