Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DT Post by Kate - Cute popsicle card!

Welcome to My Craft Spot!  I'm Kate from Small Bits of Paper and I'm so pleased to be sharing a card with you today.  With the end of school for my boys last week, I created this card for my youngest to give his crossing guard.


I had such fun making this one!  I used Just Because Cards for the popsicle cuts and Going Places for the STOP sign.  The little hat on my green popsicle is from Everyday Paper Dolls.  I used a letter "k" from the new My Craft Spot Small Alphabet metal dies for the cap, as my son's school name begins with K.  (I did cut off part of the letter to make the hat look a bit more realistic - at least as realistic as I could for a smiling popsicle wearing a ball cap!!) I used the same metal dies to create the little flower for the purple popsicle, layering the two sizes available on the set and adding a little gem to the middle. The orange popsicle has a bowtie made of Lemon Tart baker's twine too.


Each face was stamped with a Peachy Keen stamp and chalk was used for the rosy cheeks.  I also added some faux stitching around the card and around each popsicle (including the imposter STOP sign!) with a white gelly roll pen.  Freckles were added too!


I finished things off with a little sentiment label created by combining "You're" and "cool!" - two stamps from My Craft Spot's Build a Valentine stamp set.  I also added a flower brad from my stash and layered a little gem in the middle for a bit of extra sparkle.

Thanks for visiting My Craft Spot!  Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

  1. What a super fun card! Love all their cute faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute, cute card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO VERY CUTE!!!Awesome faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! In love with this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. It makes you smile just looking at it!
    Great design and fun idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips