Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DT Post by Robin - Joy to the world!


Hello everyone, this is Robin from Robin's Creative Cottage. This weeks challenge here at My Craft Spot is "Christmas in July", so to continue with the inspiration I have a lovely Christmas card to share with you.

I used the Merry Christmas and the Mistletoe stamp sets, as well as the Small Alphabet metal die.


The tree image is from Miss Kate Cuttables the oval is a Spellbinder die lacy Ovals.
I love all the glitter and sparkle and card, and the non-tratidional colors. I tend to avoid glitter because of the mess, but oh when I see my finished product I love the look of the glitz and glamor it adds.
For the tree I've used Recollections Tinsel Glitter, the snowflakes each have fine glitter.
The sentiments that I used are from the Merry Christmas stamp set.
 

I used a woodgrain embossing folder for the tree trunk.
The stars and snowflakes are cut using the Small Alphabet metal dies, I added glitter to all those tiny dies.
 
The crinkle ribbon is Petal Pink, and the pink Jute twine glued on top my bow.  


Side view of the card.


 The inside sentiment is from the Merry Christmas stamp set and the tiny snowflakes if from the Mistletoe stamp set.


Thanks so much for joining me today, please remember to head over to my blog for more creative ideas. Robin's Creative Cottage.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I love the cuts, glitter and embellishments.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! I really like the glitter you used on the tree. I also like the sentiments and the inside of the card as well. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips