Thursday, July 25, 2013

DT Post by Robin - Missing you on your birthday!


Hello everyone, this is Robin from Robin's Creative Cottage, here with you to share quick and easy card.

I was not able to be with my husband this year for his birthday so wanted to send him a fun travel type B-day card, and this is what I've come up with...


The birthday sentiment from the Sweet Sentiments #1 stamp set, the road signs are cut using the Tiny Banners and Toppers metal dies, then I used a pen to make stitching marks on each sign, the narrow poles are hand cut using brown cardstock.


 This car shape is so fun! I cut it using my Sillhouette Cameo, the image is from Paper Piecing by Nikki, the image can be found -HERE. Window was cut using vellum cardstock, I sponged a light blue ink around the edges.
The pattern paper I used is from Farm House Paper Company "Fair Skies" 6x6 pad.
For the road I used a strip of burlap.
 

 Side view of my card, I added foam tape to pop my car up from the card.

 

This is the inside of my card, I had cut the banner, and again the sentiment is from the Sweet Sentiment #1 stamp set. 
 

Thanks so much for joining me today, please remember to head over to my blog for more creative ideas. Robin's Creative Cottage.

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love that you used map pare to make the car! The road signs look cute too! Love those tiny banners dies!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know that with my latest card I used your "what's Moo?" stamp along with a die cut cow. I love to make die cut animals and your stamps have been perfect to go along with some of the cards I've been making. I know that cause it's getting pinned like crazy on the scrapbook.com pinterest site. Thank you for the wonderful stamps! I do give this site credit whenever I use one of your products. My blog is www.viviansdesk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card loved all the details !!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love that the car is made with road map paper! Clever!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips