Friday, July 19, 2013

Guest Designer - Amanda Bodine - Of all the fish in the sea . . .


Hello, hello there this is Amanda from Amanda's Crafts and More.. I am so super excited to be guest designing here at My Craft Spot today.. So, for my project I decided to create a fun anniversary card for my husband (since this Tuesday was our anniversary) using the super cute "Down on the Farm stamp set"..I just love this stamp set!!! I am a big fan of pun stamps and there are so many adorable
sentiments on this stamp set..


I found my card base on clearance at Wal-Mart and I just loved the little scalloped window it had..
So, for the background paper on this card I created a stencil using a fish sticker outline.. 
Then, I took some Salty Ocean Distress ink and inked up my fishy stencil..  I finished my background with sequins and putting white eyes on my little fishes with a gelly roll pen.. 


 Next,I cut out these two adorable fishes from the Four Legged Friends cartridge and created some
 waves in the window behind them.. The waves were made from vellum cut with a large scalloped
 pair of decorative scissors..


Finally, I finished this fun card off with the prefect sentiment
 found on the "Down on the Farm stamp set".. 

Here's a list of the supplies I used:

*Four Legged Friends cartridge (fish)
*"Salty Ocean" Distress Ink
* Sequins 5mm
*Scalloped Window Card Base
*Small Fish Stamp Outline
*White Jelly Roll Pen
*Vellum
*Large Scalloped Decorative Scissors


Want to win a My Craft Spot stamp set of your own?!?! 
Just head of to Amanda's Crafts and More, leave me some comment love with your email, and which  My Craft Spot stamp set is your favorite for a chance to win that actual set (How Awesome is That!!)!! I will announce the winner on my blog Monday the 22nd..

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Scrappy ((HUGS)) 
Amanda :o)







4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I just love the bright colors!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaw, this is adorable Amanda! I love the fun papers, the fishies and the sentiment is PERFECT!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute--love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips