Friday, July 12, 2013

Guest Designer Amanda Coleman - So Dog-gone happy for you!


Hey y'all!  This is Amanda from Popper & Mimi Paper Crafts and I am beyond delighted to be the Guest Designer here at My Craft Spot today!   I have a fun project to share using the perfectly punny Cute Critters stamp set.  I love that this stamp set has so many character options.  You could use these stamp with just about any little critter.  Check it out:


I love creating cards with scenes.  How cute is that little pup on the rolling hills of grass?  He looks so happy, too.  Creating a scene with layers of patterned paper is easy.  Let me show you how I do it. 


First, I select patterned papers and embellishments that coordinate well together.  For this project I used patterned paper, brads and a sticker from Doodlebug Design.


Next, I trim the papers and layer them on top of my card.  I cut the rolling hills by hand, so no fancy machine is required.  Then I place the embellishments on top where I think I would like them to be. 


After I adhered the layers to the card, I machine stitched each layer with coordinating thread.  To add some balance to the card, I stitched an embellishment near the upper-left corner of the card.  I also use a screw punch to create the holes where I attach brads.  


Using the screw punch makes for perfect brad placement every time.  Plus, the paper doesn't tear or crease. 


Lastly, I stamp the sentiment and the card is complete!  This scene could easily be recreated using a variety of critters with their coordinating sentiments.  



Cute collections of sentiments, right?  You can use them for just about any occasion!

GIVEAWAY: Would you like a My Craft Spot stamp set all of your own?  Leave me a comment on my blog, Popper & Mimi Paper Crafts (along with your email) letting me know which My Craft Spot stamp set is your favorite.  I will announce the winner on my blog and on my Facebook Page on Thursday, July 18 so be sure to check back!  If you are the winner, we'll send you that stamp set!

Good Luck and Happy Crafting!

Amanda

12 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda,
    Awesome card! Love your happy puppy and such a fabulous scene! The rolling hills you fussy cut look amazing! Great job and so glad you joined us today at My Craft Spot as GD!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is just so dog-gone cute! Love that darling puppy!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So SUPER cute! What a CUTE little dog and some fantastic stitching!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, love the stitching all of your card! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors, pattern, puppy, everything! SO cute, Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips