Friday, July 5, 2013

Guest Designer - Holly Gagnon with a fun Shaker card!!


Holly here from Ribbons & Glue and I'm thrilled to be the Guest Designer today for My Craft Spot. When I'm looking to purchase a set of stamps my rules are:  #1 Will I use it again? & #2 Is it versatile?    Unfortunately, these rules tend to fly outta my craft room window when it comes to everything else I buy.  OK, Who am I kidding ?  I have NO rules when it comes to craft supplies. But, the Inside & Out, Set #2 stamps from My Craft Spot totally did receive the two rule check mark from me! 

 Shaker Box Card


I love to give handmade birthday cards but giving handmade cards with a lil' treat makes somebody's day extra special. Since the In & Out #2 set has coordinating stamps for the inside and out of a card, (duh-like the name says so) I thought this would be the perfect time to make a Shaker Box Card. I actually couldn't find a shaker box cut file in the Silhouette store (say whaaaat??) so I made my own by using a 3D Crayon Box cut file and welding a label to make a picture window. 

 

Make Unique Cards by Adhering a Piece of Cardstock to the Back of a Die Cut


To make my Shaker Box into a card, I adhered a piece of coordinating cardstock onto the back of the box. Yep-easiest way to make a card out of a die cut shape. Totally Easy Peasy! 


Wanna win a My Craft Spot stamp set of your own?????
Leave me a comment  on my blog Ribbons & Glue with your email and which My Craft Spot Stamp Set  is your favorite for a chance to win that actual set. {So Fun!} I'll announce the winner on my Facebook page so make sure you Like Me on Facebook. 

Supplies Used:

Lime Twine 
Jelly Belly's....Yum! 

Like Me on Facebook!

6 comments:

  1. can you enter if you aren't on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for a chance to win you need to leave a comment on Holly's Blog. It looks like she is just announcing the winner on Facebook. :)

      Delete
  2. When it comes to crafting..No RULES!!LOL...Love the idea that you used a label and shadow box to make this ADORABLE treat!!LOVE it!
    Holly left you bloggie love on your blog.
    Congrats to you on being a GD over at MCS.
    Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog) ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shaker card Holly!! I love the fun window and the yummy treats! Great choice of sentiments!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. I love the shaker box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your guest DT. Super project. I love it! TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com
    (left comment at you blog)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips