Thursday, August 1, 2013

DT post by Marlene - Keep Calm and Craft On!



Hello Everyone!

Marlene here from ScrappinCookie. Thank You for joining me today here at My Craft Spot!

Today I'd like to share with you a card I made with last week's Monday Challenge #105 "Sew Fun" in mind. However, I made a slight error and didn't read the Challenge Rules correctly. We had to use Machine or Hand Stitching and I went for some Faux Stitching instead - oops.


Keeping with the "Sew Fun" theme, I used the Thread Spool Shaped Card SVG File by Lori Whitlock. I wrapped around some lace and "Sea Sprite" Yarn I found at Walmart on clearance. Then I used some of My Craft Spot's "Vanilla Bean" Crinkle Ribbon to tie a bow.


I was all out of Pink Jute String - available HERE at My Craft Spot - so I took some of the Ivory Jute String and dyed it with my Heidi Swapp Color Shine Mist to get a nice rosy color. I then layered it on top of the ribbon and added a Tiny Tag made using the My Craft Spot "Tiny Tags" Metal Dies.


The "Keep Calm and Craft On" Sentiment is from the My Craft Spot "Tiny Tags 3" Stamp Set. In addition to the previous challenge theme, this sentiment is actual inspiration for this Thread Spool Shaped Card. 


I added to two small butterflies from the My Craft Spot "Small Alphabet" Metal Dies stamped with the "Chevron" Pattern using the My Craft Spot "Pattern Block" Stamp Set.


And lastly, to the inside I stamped the "Sending You Happy Little Thoughts" Sentiments from the My Craft Spot "Butterfly Kisses" Stamp Set. The tiny Butterfly in the lower bottom corner is also from the My Craft Spot "Butterfly Kisses" Stamp Set, I pen stitched the path.


I hope I have inspired you with my Thread Spool Shaped Card today.

And don't forget to join in on this week's My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #106 - GIFT CARD HOLDERS. You have until Monday, August 5th 11:59pm MST for your chance to win this week's prize.  BUT unnlike me, be sure to read the Challenge Rules first!! LOL!


To see more pictures and details on my THREAD SPOOL SHAPED CARD, please click HERE.




8 comments:

  1. What an amazing card! The sentiment and card fits me to a "T"! Love everything about it.
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Linda (swtanxiety94@yahoo.com)August 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM

    Marlene lovely card. Can use this for a friend in my group who is ill.
    Unable to get dimensions from your site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,

      Thank You for your sweet comment! The card measures 4.5" x 5.5" and is already sized that way. Its the THREAD SPOOL SVG File from Lori Whitlock. Here is the link:

      http://www.loriwhitlock.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=spool&product_id=536

      Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

      Have a GREAT day!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Love all the pretty details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this beautiful card! Great job!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips