Thursday, August 8, 2013

DT Post by Marlene! - When Life Gives You Lemeons . . .



Hello Everyone!

Marlene here from ScrappinCookie. Thank Your for joining me today for some FUN My Craft Inspiration.

Since the My Craft Spot "Stamping Around Summer" Stamp Set was released and I saw the "Make Lemonade..." Sentiment I've been wanting to make a little MAKE LEMONADE Gift Set.


I was out shopping and came across a plastic Mason Jar at Walmart and immediately knew it would be PERFECT for my MAKE LEMONADE Gift Set. I filled the jar with some Single Serve Lemonade Mixes and yellow paper shreds to make the mason jar look filled. I tied some Natural Jute String around the Jar and added a Tiny Doily with a Lemon Die Cut.


I made a matching card using the Pink Lemonade Cutting File from Designs on Cloud 9. I resized the Mason Jar cut to be about 4" tall and layered on top of the My Craft Spot 4" Doily Metal Die.


Some of My Craft Spot's "Petal Pink" Crinkle Ribbon was tied around the card and the "Make Lemonade.." Sentiment from theStamping Around Summer Stamp Set was stamped onto the largest circle from theTiny Doilies Metal Dies.


For the inside, I used my FAVORITE uplifting sentiment from the Butterfly Kisses Stamp Set. I also stamped the bottom right corner with a little lemonade pitcher from the Stamping Around Summer Stamp Set.


And lastly I altered a quick wooden box I got from AC Moore to look like a Lemon Slice. I added some Natural Jute String - available HERE at My Craft Spot - and a tiny tag made with theTiny Tags Metal Dies and stamped with the "Sweet Treats" Sentiment from the Tiny Tags 3 Stamp Set.


I hope to have inspired you to take out your My Craft Spot Products and create a FUN and UNIQUE project.

And don't forget to join in on this week's My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #107 - CLEAN & SLIMPE. You have until Monday, August 12th 11:59pm MST for your chance to win this week's prize. 


To see more pictures and details on my MAKE LEMONADE GIFT SET, please click HERE.




5 comments:

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips