Friday, August 23, 2013

Guest Designer - Tanya from Nonna's Craft Corner!!


Hello everyone!  This is Tanya from Nonna's Craft Corner and I am so excited to be a Guest Designer here at My Craft Spot today.  Before I share my project with you, I would like to stay a quick Thank You to Kimberly for asking me over to play! I have long admired Kimberly's work and her beautiful designs and I'm very happy to be here today.

So, let's get on with my project! I decided to use Kimberly's sweet "Feel Better Soon" stamp set for this sweet card and candy jar.....

(click on photo to enlarge)

When I first saw the "Chocolate Prescription" stamp, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I headed to one of our craft stores and found this jar that reminds me of the old-fashioned jars you used to see in a doctor's office.

I used a pretty layered label I found in the Silhouette Online store to stamp this fun sentiment onto.  After inking up the edges with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink, I glued it onto the jar.  I topped off the jar with a big bow made from some gorgeous Milk Chocolate Crinkle Ribbon also available from Kimberly.  And, for the final touch, I filled the jar with some yummy chocolate covered almonds.


I used some pretty pink and brown prints for this patchwork card.  I cut each square into 1 and 1/2 by 1 and 1/2 inch squares and inked up the edges before adhering them to a dark brown mat. This was adhered to an ivory 5 X 5 inch card base.

The flower on my card is from the Silhouette Online Store. I inked up the edges with my Vintage Sepia ink and added a dark brown brad to the center.

I used another sentiment from the "Feel Better Soon" stamp set for the front of my card.  I stamped the sentiment onto a hand cut banner in the same ivory cardstock as my card base.  Next, I covered the banner with Glossy Accents and sprinkled on some coarse, crystal glitter.


Now, If I can just keep my hands off of those chocolate covered almonds, I will have the perfect little gift set on hand the next time someone I love is not feeling so well!

Thanks so much for stopping by today - I hope you have enjoyed my project.  Before I go, I would just like to say a big Thank You once again to Kimberly!  Thanks for having me over, I've really enjoyed myself!

Tanya
Nonna's Craft Corner

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project Tanya!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the stamp set you used and your card is perfect!! Those chocolate covered almonds would make anyone feel better!! Congrats on your guest spot!! FAB job!!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!!!
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Tonya. Love all the patterns used on the layer and the flower is fabulous.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card and gift set you've created; guaranteed to lift spirits!! Fabulous and inspiring!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is absolutely wonderful!! I love that card...it is the perfect colors and the jar is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous gift set Tanya! The pretty pinks and brown tones are beautiful and of course the yummy almonds would make anyone's day! Very cute!! The sentiments are perfect for your awesome project!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love the pink and brown and the different paper prints!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips