Thursday, September 26, 2013

DT Post by Heather - Birthday Cake Decor!

Good morning! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards to share a special project with you! Today is my youngest daughter's 9th birthday, so I have birthday's on my mind today for sure! This isn't her cake though, but a cake I made and decorated this past week for a good friend:


I created my banner by using Tiny Banners and Toppers Metal Dies, and cutting the larger size banners on a folded piece of white cardstock, which allowed me to hang them over my twine. I then cut the smaller size banners in different colors, as well as the cute toppers, and adhered them all together. I used Small Alphabet Metal Dies to create my "happy birthday" sentiment. 


Finally, I folded them over some Black Twinery Twine and glued them together, and attached them to some skewers pushed into the cake to hold them up. (I also added a dot of glue to the twine where it tied on the skewer so my banners didn't land in my frosting!)


All in all, it took a while, but was a relaxing and enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon - so I didn't mind! Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. How fun is this banner?? What a way to dress up a cake-super cute idea! TFS!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute banner and Yummy cake!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips