Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DT Post by Kate - Fun Birthday Card!


Welcome to My Craft Spot!!  I'm Kate from Small Bits of Paper and I'm honoured to be sharing a card creation with you today.  Last month, my youngest guy turned 11 and this is one of the cards I made for him.


I cut the letters for "eleven" using Cuttin' Up.  I ran the red letters through my Cuttlebug for a bit of added interest.  The blue mat was also embossed.  The fun banner was created with My Craft Spot's Tiny Banners and Toppers metal dies, with a silver ball added between each of the little pennants.  I used a variety of the pennants and toppers, mixing things up to keep things interesting!  Across the top of the banner, I strung some Cherry Red baker's twine.


The fun sentiment is from the Down on the Farm stamp set.  The stamp actually reads, "It's your day!  Milk it for all it's worth!"  As I just wanted the first part of the stamp for this card, I used some cellotape to cover the bottom of the stamp while inking.  I then removed the tape and stamped.  I cut the paper to size and added two silver balls to either side to finish things off.   

Be sure to check out the My Craft Spot store for a wonderful selection of metal dies and stamp sets.  It's so easy to mix and match items to make a personalized, one-of-a-kind creation for any occasion!

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great day! 

10 comments:

  1. Spelling our the age was a great idea, Kate, and I love the banners. I have that die. I guess I'd better get it out and use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a FUN card Kate! Love the little banners and toppers and the embossing looks fabulous!
    Awesome design!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute Birthday card! I love embossing and the little banners and matching letters look great!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to spell the age out. Love the card thanks for always sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love all of the fun colors you used! That banner looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this on Kate's blog and it's such an adorable birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bday card is great the pennants against the blue background are so vibrant what a happy card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips