Tuesday, September 17, 2013

DT Post by Kate - Nineteenth Bday card!

Welcome to My Craft Spot!  I'm Kate from Small Bits of Paper and I'm so pleased to be sharing a card I made with you all.  A few weeks ago, my daughter turned nineteen and I created this card to celebrate her special day.


I used a sketch from Pinterest for the layout of my card - and it all came together so wonderfully easily for me!  For the most part, papers were cut by hand (with my paper cutter!) and then edges were inked.  With the layers at the bottom, I also added a strip of lace.  For the jagged edge on the mat, I cut the shape using Elegant Edges but trimmed the right side before adhering the rectangle to my card.  The flower and leaves were cut from a few different punches and the flower was placed atop a pretty little doily created with My Craft Spot's Tiny Doilies metal dies.  A pearl was added to the centre of the flower and a double bow created with ivory jute string tucked underneath.


Instead of a stamped sentiment, I chose to write "nineteen" with die cut letters.  I cut the letters using My Craft Spot's Small Alphabet metal dies.  I absolutely LOVE these little metal dies.  The set comes with the entire lower case alphabet and a variety of little shapes as well.  They are just PERFECT for personalizing creations with any words or sentiments desired!  Here's a picture of the set:


Click HERE to see all of the great metal dies at My Craft Spot!

Thanks so much for visiting!  Have a wonderful day! 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kate....love your pretty shabby looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card for your daughter, Kate! She must have been thrilled to receive it! Pretty and personal! Fabulous!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips