Friday, October 4, 2013

DT Post by Kate - Basketball loving birthday boy!


Welcome to My Craft Spot! I'm Kate from Small Bits of Paper and I'm thrilled to be sharing a sweet birthday card with you today. My youngest nephew recently turned four years old.  He absolutely loves basketball so when I saw the adorable little basketball boy from the new Create a Friend cartridge, I knew it would be perfect for my nephew's card.



The Create a Friend character actually has a 1 on his shirt so I used my Gypsy to switch things to a 4 (in order to match my nephew's age).  I used a Peachy Keen face for the little guy's face.  Both the blue and white mats were embossed with a Quick Kutz polka-dot folder.

The Happy Birthday! sentiment is from Inside & Out - Set #2.  I used one of the dies from Tiny Banners and Toppers metal dies for the little pennants at the side.  I finished things off with some fun enamel dots.

Thanks for dropping by My Craft Spot!  Have a fabulous day!

8 comments:

  1. Super cute boy card and great colors too :) I love those pennants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. The pennants were the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darling! I love the colors and embossing, and that little face is so cute! I have the Create-A-Friend Cartridge and would love cute little faces for them.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card Kate! the little basketball dude is so cute! Love the pennants on the side and the embossing looks awesome!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips