Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Guest Designer - June Houck!


  Happy October!  This is June Houck of Simply Elegant Paper Crafts.  I am thrilled to be a guest designer today here at My Craft Spot.  Kimberly invited me to create a card using her Tiny Banners and Toppers dies.  YOU can win a My Craft Spot stamp set of your choosing by leaving a comment on my blog post stating your favorite My Craft Spot stamp set.

 
  My card:  I chose my papers first and the "HB2U" stickers.  I cut all my layers; I cut the jumbo pennant by hand.  I added two black eyelets to my jumbo pennant and some twine.  Finally I  die cut my tiny banners and their shadows by laying a strip of kraft card stock and a strip of black card stock over the dies and using painter's tape to hold the paper strips in place before rolling through my Big Shot.  Yep, I made all of these little banners in just one trip through my Big Shot!


Look at all of these great little dies:
  
The larger banners can be used on their own or as shadows behind the smaller banners.  The banners also have toppers...how cool is that?  I used the larger banners (black card stock) as shadows behind the smaller (kraft card stock):


  They cut beautifully!  I love that.

Supplies:
paper:  My Mind's Eye "Kraft Funday Everyday Fun"
banner dies:  My Craft Spot "Tiny Banners and Toppers"
twine:  My Mind's Eye "All Is Bright" twine (you could also use My Craft Spot "Strings and Things")
eyelets:  Making Memories
stickers:  Rebecca Sower Nostalgiques

  Now visit My Craft Spot and peruse the stamp sets and choose YOUR favorite set.  Leave a comment on my blog stating your favorite set by midnight Friday, October 4th and I will choose one lucky winner.  I hope you win!

Thank you for having me as a guest designer.
Happy Tuesday!  June

11 comments:

  1. BIG shout out to June!!!! Love her card...she rocked the kraft & black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your new venue! Although all the stamp sets are fabulous (difficult decision), my favorite is White Christmas. I am looking forward to following you on My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday card! Love the kraft and black together!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yiippee!! Congrats to you my friend!!! A beautiful card!!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those banners looks awesome! Great card and gorgeous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card June - color combo is fabulous!
    Have a SUPER day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those Tiny Banners and Toppers! I just ordered a set!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Combinations are magnificent, and the Kraft paper is so fitting. Congrats on being the guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnificent combination of paper and color with the banners. Congrats on being a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing! Another great combination of design, color, and paper.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips