Saturday, November 9, 2013

DT Post by Kate - Coolest Holiday Greetings!


Welcome to My Craft Spot!  I'm Kate from Small Bits of Paper and I'm so pleased to be sharing a fun little card with you today.  Each Christmas and summer, I create a card for my youngest son's crossing guard and this is the one I made last Christmas. 


I used my Gypsy to create the STOP sign and added a little red gem to the top to mimic the flashing red light of the real thing.  The sweet little snowman is from Hello Kitty Greetings.  I added a bit of super fine glitter to his hat scarf and hat.  After rounding the bottom corners of my card, I used a red marker to "stitch" along the edges. 


The sentiment at the bottom of my card is from the Think Snow stamp set.  I also created a little tag using Tiny Tags metal dies.  I love the variety of little tags in this set.  I choose a scalloped shadow and the little white top layer comes out with a stitched look.  Love it!  On the tag, I stamped a fun little tree from the Stamping All Around Christmas set.  I finished everything off with some Candy Cane baker's twine.  It's perfect for Christmas projects!

Thanks so much for visiting My Craft Spot today!  Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! What a darling snowman and perfect for your son's crossing guard! Thanks for sharing!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd stop for this cute little snowman any time!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips