Thursday, November 7, 2013

DT Post by Sherrie - Vintage Paper Doll Tag!

Good Morning!

This is Sherrie from Sherrie Scraps with Passion to share a project with you today.

I used some of My Craft Spot's new Stamps and Dies from the Winter Stamp Release on my Christmas tag :)

I started off with a tag that I cut with papers from MME Lost & Found Christmas collection. I added a pretty paper doily that was in my stash and cut a label from pattern paper from this stack. The label is cut at 3 1/2 from the Elegant Edges cartridge and inked around the edges with TH victorian velvet and adhered it down in place.


I stamped the doll with a Prima Mixed Media Doll stamp 4 times to piece the hair, clothing and shoes in fun pattern paper. I then inked the edges with TH victorian velvet, added foam adhesive tape to her and layered her on the tag.
The snowflake is from My Craft Spot's Snowflake Border Metal Die. I added some rhinestones to it for a little sparkle. What a fantastic metal die.....so fun to use on your Christmas projects! I just love it!


I stamped the sentiment on a 1 1/2" square cut from the George cartridge with the Joy Filled Christmas stamp set, the holly with the Christmas Ornate Labels stamp set and then adhered it down hanging slightly over the edge of the tag.


I cut a small panel along the bottom and punched a lacy border piece using a EK Success border punch. The banner is from from My Craft Spot's Ribbon Banners Straight Metals Die and the sentiment is stamped with Christmas Banners Sentiment stamp set.

I finished by adding a cranberry ribbon bow, a natural jute string bow and button from my stash. I also added a little tulle.



Thanks for stopping!
Sherrie K

2 comments:

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips