Friday, November 22, 2013

Guest Designer - Missy from Quick Chick Designs!


Good morning everyone!

This is Missy from Quick Chick Designs, guest designing for you today!  I was so thrilled and honored when Kimberly invited me to be a guest designer for My Craft Spot!!!  When I got my Cricut and started surfing the blogs on the internet, Kimberly was one of the first, and most talented bloggers I followed!  I love her style and detail she puts in to her projects, and her design team is so incredibly talented!  She has such a unique line of terrific products as well!

For my project, I made a card using the Joy to the World stamp set as well as some of her fabulous hand dyed Crinkle Ribbon!!!


 photo IMG_6056_edited-1_zpsb4f216d2.jpg

I knew I wanted to use the Luke 2:11 Bible verse on my card, so I began by searching through my Cricut cartridges to find an image that suited it.  I found this little shepherd boy on the Winter Frolic cartridge, and thought it was perfect.  I distressed the edges of the off white mat and added some stitching with my sewing machine.  I also added a bit of embossing to my sheet using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.  I finished it off with a bit of Stormy Day crinkle ribbon to finish it off.

 photo IMG_6058_edited-1_zpsa25aa8d6.jpg



Kimberly's stamp line has such a wide variety of sentiments, for so many occasions, and she has terrific dies that compliment them, they are so much fun to work with!!  Kimberly has generously donated a stamp set - winners choice!!  All you have to do to win the stamp set is head on over to my blog, Quick Chick Designs, and leave me a comment letting me know what stamp set is your favorite from Kimberly's line!! I will draw a winner next Friday, November 29!! 

Thanks so much for stopping in today!!!

Looking for more Christmas card ideas?  Click HERE to enter the Christmas/Winter Idea Gallery.

SHOP

9 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats Missy on GD today! Your card is absolutely beautiful! The shepherd boy is awesome! I really liked that cartridge but I always forget about using it! I will have to bring that back out!
    The papers are perfect and your stitching, distressing look awesome and the sentiment is perfect! ! Beautifully done!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card using one of my favorite stamp sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see you here, sweet Missy! Your card is super adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love this sweet card

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful little card! I love the images and colors!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Missy on your GDS!!! A perfect sentiment with such an ADORABLE card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just Love your Card! So glad I stopped by. Thanks for Sharing!
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips