Friday, December 6, 2013

Guest Designer - Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles!


Happy Friday, everyone! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles and I am ecstatic to be guest designing today at My Craft Spot! It is truly an honor and I am so thankful for this unexpected blessing. :o) Thank you for having me, Kimberly!

Inspired by several of Kimberly's goodies, I combined the true meaning of Christmas with the beautiful whimsy of the season. For this special occasion, I created a Shadow Box Book Card for a dear friend. (For the structure, I followed a fantastic tutorial by Delightfully Crazy.)


For the spine of my 'book,' I heat-embossed one of the snowy flourishes from My Craft Spot's Ornate Labels- Christmas. That same stamp set graces my cover, where I heat-embossed the golden label outline and cut it out with the coordinating Ornate Labels metal dies. The sweet holly flourish is centered with garnet rhinestones and I couldn't resist using the holly jolly sentiment. :o)


Inside, heavenly joy encourages a Christmas dance!



The gorgeous sentiment is from MCS's Joy To The World stamp set, surrounded in pearly snow and golden elegance.


For the shadow box part of my book card, I designed a scene from my heart. The glorious Christmas star has turned the wintry landscape golden and inspires a ballet dance of pure love. The ballerina's tutu is made of white lace and accented with festive red and green rhinestones. This project was a joy to create. :o)

For further details about my shadow box book card (and a few more photos), pirouette on over to my sparkly blog! An opportunity to win a MCS stamp set of your choice (donated by sweet Kimberly) is also on my blog. :o) Thank you for visiting and I wish you a beautiful day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow this is absolutely beautiful its showing such attention to detail and the embellis papers dies and just about everything on this beautiful creation are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just seen this on the lovely Karen's blog. It is absolutely STUNNING!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond AMAZING Karen! WOW WOW WOW! What wonderful details and just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this is FABULOUS! I love everything about it! The papers, the design and the details! Over the top my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you my friend!!!!This is AMAZING!! and such a true BEAUTY!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love all of the details and embellishments! Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips