Thursday, January 23, 2014

DT Post by Sherrie - Birthday Hearts!


Hi Everyone! 
This is Sherrie from Sherrie Scraps with Passion to share a birthday card that I made using the Banner Sentiments stamp set.

When creating my card, I also kept in mind our fun sketch challenge going on this week for more inspiration. There is still time for you to come join in. We'd love to see what you create :)

Here is the sketch:

Here is my DT project!


I cut a white and black panel, rounded the corners and adhered it to the card base. At the bottom of the panel I layered a cute border using the Fancy Edges metal die. I cut the hearts from the Heart Border metal dies and layered the smaller hearts with foam tape for dimension.


I stamped a cute PK face on the center heart using the PK Sweet On You Face Asst stamp set. I added glossy accents and a white gel pen for the eyes for a fun look.


The tag is from the Ribbon Banners~Straight metal die and I stamped the sentiment with the Banners Sentiment stamp set. I inked around the edges with Memento tuxedo black ink and added a little gem that was in my stash. I tied a bow with natural Jute String and then a second bow with some gingham ribbon I got from Michael's.

To see more information about my project, please visit me at
Thanks for stopping!
Sherrie K

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those cards that just makes me HAPPY! I am loving the fun patterns and bright color combo. Your little Peachy Valentine is just sweet as can be. Such a fun card and I love the way you worked those border dies - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute Valentine card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips