Friday, February 7, 2014

Guest Designer - Tracy MacDonald!

   
Hello My Craft Spot fans!  My name is Tracy MacDonald from I Wanna Build a Memory.  A couple of months back I was blessed to win the challenge at My Craft Spot.  Then I received a double blessing when Kim asked me to do a guest spot.  Today's projects are what I created using a great stamp set from My Craft Spot called Pattern Blocks plus a couple of the amazing metal die sets.


     The first card I created was this CAS design.  I started with a card base of white and a matting of black.  For the patterned piece I used three of the stamps from the Pattern Block set and stamped them quilt style in three colors of VersaMagic ink.  I added black faux stitching between the blocks with a pen.  For the focal image I stamped a flower and colored it with Distress inks and watercolor pencils on watercolor paper.  A little bit of Stickles was added to the center.  Using a circle die I cut a hole in the quilt pattern and framed it in black.  That whole quilt piece is raised up on foam dots above the image.  The sentiment was stamped onto white.  It comes from the With Deepest Sympathy set.  Lastly I added a bit of ribbon, a bow, and a couple of black buttons.


     CAS design is not my strongest suit so I decided to try for something a little more elaborate and came up with this card.


     The card base is kraft with a mat of cream.  The Pattern Block set works so perfectly for creating a quilted look that I tried that again with a twist.  Using hexagon dies I cut the larger size out in kraft and the smaller in the cream.  Using two colors of VersaMagic ink I stamped the cream pieces with two of the patterns from the stamp set.  I used a plain sheet of copy paper as a base to piece together the hexagons in a quilt pattern.  I thought it made a lovely background for Kady and her dolly from Mo's Digital Pencil.  As embellishments I've added lace, a ribbon bow, some diecut flowers, pearls, and vellum punched butterflies.


     My third project is my hubby's Valentine card for this year.


     For this card I started with a base of red cardstock and added a designer paper mat of Recollections "Valentine" paper that had it's edges distressed.  I added two more distressed panels of the designer paper and then cut two hearts from the paper in two different sizes, also distressed.  The stamped image is from Art Impressions.  Just love this chubby Cupid.  For embellishments I used the two heart dies from the Small Alphabet dies set.  One was covered in red Stickles.  I also cut out two sets of "XO" using the same die set and added them to the largest heart.  They are covered with Glossy Accents for some shine.  I used some die cut and punched floral elements and a paper rose with a couple of stick pins from Maya Road.  At the bottom of the card I used a matching pair of the large and small die shapes from the Tiny Banners and Toppers die set to create some hinges.
   
A huge THANK YOU to Kim for inviting me as a Guest Designer.  The products from My Craft Spot are top quality and I know I'll use them over and over again---and be adding lots more to my collection.  I hope you enjoyed the cards and if you'll pop over to my blog for a visit you can throw your name in the hat for a drawing to win a FREE STAMP SET from My Craft Spot.  Happy crafting!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, these are some great cards today! Tracy, you are one talented crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous work! All three of your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, all love how they are all so uniquely designed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, all three cards are gorgeous but I love the second one, so sweet!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all three of the beautiful cards.hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy, your cards are all just gorgeous! I love the pattern blocks stamp set for the background on the first card! The colors are so pretty and the flower is beautiful!
    The second card-wow, the hexagon die is so fun and again the stamping is amazing! I LOVE the sweet image and all the extra's-simply gorgeous!
    The last card....so fun and perfect for Valentine's day....I love the fun image, beautiful papers, fun trimming and gorgeous flower! Your attention to detail is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. I love the dies you used. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what beautiful cards! Your coloring is just fabulous and I love all the wonderful details on each card. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips