Thursday, March 13, 2014

DT Post by Karen - Nuts about you!


Good morning, crafty friends! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles to share another cute critter with you! :o)

One of my favorite things about critter cards is that they so easily can be made punny. My Craft Spot has an abundance of stamps for those occasions. For this one, I turned to Tasty Treats! I was delighted to discover that this particular sentiment fits inside the new Tiny Doilies 2 metal dies. :o) (The center circle is cut out with the Tiny Doilies metal dies.)


A variety of cut files from the Silhouette Online Store were used to create this card. I wanted this to be a fun shape for the special little girl who will receive it, so I welded together a few jumbo acorns. For the tops, I used a waffle cone cut file. :o) Gold Stickles accent each one because I can never resist an opportunity to sparklify something. ;)


For an extra touch of sweetness, I added a second sentiment. Hugs is from the Tiny Tags 2 stamp set, which I've cut out with the coordinating Tiny Tags Metal DiesChocolate Truffle trendy twine and Chocolate Truffle crinkle ribbon were added not only for prettiness, but also for texture. When creating for kids, I try to add in several elements for their precious little hands to explore. :o)


For more details on this project (and the sweetheart who inspired it), please flutter on over to my blog. :o) Thank you for visiting My Craft Spot! Have a blessed day. :o)


5 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING my friend!!! Such a Super cute & Fun card!!
    love the fun stamp!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just cute as can be Karen! Love all the fun images and great sentiments your used. And, of course, I love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips