Tuesday, March 4, 2014

DT Post by Sherrie - Adorable Elephant!


Hello Everyone!
This is Sherrie from Sherrie Scraps with Passion to share a birthday card with you using the Big Words metal die.

I started with white card stock for the base of my card followed by panel for the base layer. The base layer is pattern paper from MME Hootenanny collection. I cut a black panel and embossed it with the SU chevron folder and added a little grass border along the bottom using the Fancy Edges metal die.


The adorable elephant is cut at 3 1/2 from the Birthday Bash cartridge plus the layers. The face is stamped with PK Sweet On You stamp set. I cut the heart balloon from the Create A Critter cartridge at 2 1/2 and tied it to the elephant with Black Jute String and tied a bow. 


The Happy Birthday is from the new Big Words metal die. Isn't that awesome?
 I just LOVE this die!!

The inside of the card is stamped with the Big Sentiments 2 stamp set. I also have a little treat box.....I cut a small belly band to fit it and added a fun edge using a Martha Stewart punch. The doily tag is from the Tiny Doilies metal die I stamped the sentiment with the Stamping All Around Spring stamp set. Finished with tying on some Black Jute String and tied a bow.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

 For more information about this card, visit my blog at Sherrie Scraps with Passion.
Sherrie K

8 comments:

  1. Sherrie ~ this is ADORABLE!! OMG! I LOVE that elephant and now I need to find this paper you used for your card! I LOVE it!! How CUTE is that little treat box ~ you always have the CUTEST projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET! I just love that cute elephant and the Big Words Die is just perfect for your darling card. Your yummy little treat box is super cute, this set is just sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a burst of sweetness, my dear friend! I adore that precious elephant and the sweet treats she's bringing along! Such a fabulous use of the pretty Big Words dies, too! Beautifully crafted, as always!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips