Friday, March 28, 2014

Guest Designer - Melissa Miranda!

What an exciting day! I am thrilled and absolutely honored to be hanging out with all of you today as a guest designer at My Craft Spot My name is Melissa and my little craft corner is called M. Miranda Creations

 A few months ago, I found Kimberly's blog and store and I was instantly delighted. Her stamps and die sets are wonderful! and I knew immediately that I would have to add some of them to my crafting supplies. Today I am showcasing two stamp sets for you here. The first is Happy Easter
 
http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/

I don't know about all of you, but I am ready for spring and for Easter. And what a special holiday Easter is! Easter means life after death and all that has laid dormant through the winter months cry out the truth of it. Flowers bloom, babies are born, and the vibrant colors of spring decorate the landscape. So in honor of all the joy that Spring and Easter bring, I have made a set of colorful 3.5" square mini cards that my kids will give to their teachers. The little chick is attached to an Action Wobble so every time you make the chick wobble, its little eyes roll around. So fun!  I took the Happy Easter sentiment from the set and snipped it in half. Oh no, do not gasp with shock. It is ok to take the sentiment apart and experiment with the layout of the stamp. By snipping the sentiment in half, I was able to get it to stamp on my banner the way I wanted it to.
 

So to make your cute Easter Chick card start by cutting a piece of white cardstock 3.5" x 7". Score the cardstock in half to make a 3.5" square card. Next pick a piece of designer paper of your choice (I am using Doodlebug Design's Hello Spring collection), and cut a square at 3.25"x 3.25". Ink the edges. I found this cute chick on SVG Cuts. It comes from the Bunny Hop SVG kit and is located in the extras folder. Cut the chick out with its beak, ink the edges of both pieces, and glue the beak on. Then take googly eyes (is that what they are called? Well that is what I call them!) and attach them with glue. I then cut an svg banner from Miss Kate Cuttables and stamped my sentiment on it. I started assembling by attaching the square dp to the card base using my tape runner. I then placed my chick on an Action Wobble and attached it toward the top of the card leaving enough room for my banner. If you do not have Action Wobbles, just pop dot it instead so that you still have some dimension on your card. Next I centered my banner and attached it with pop dots. Easy peasy and so adorable!!!

The second is from Kimberly's newest release (March '14). It is
Simply Sentiments
 

This set has so many awesome sayings for a multitude of occasions! Spring is beautiful, but it also has its rain showers. I think the sentiment I am using here goes perfectly with the feel of this card. When it rains, put on your rain boots!!! When life gets difficult, it is faith that gives us protection.


I did not take a picture of it; but on the inside, I stamped the sentiment "Praying for You" from the same set.

This card is easy as well even though it looks involved. Well the outside is anyway. For the inside there is an option to make it a pop up but I'm not always good at lining up the center of those things and I like it better plain on the inside anyway. This card is also from SVG Cuts and comes from the same Bunny Hop kit. Just follow the assembly instructions found on the PDF or watch the assembly video that is listed with the kit. Once you have cut your pieces; ink the edges, emboss the middle layer of your cloud, and assemble. Then add a few embellishments to finish it off.

I hope you have enjoyed my cards. I enjoyed making them and using these great stamps from My Craft Spot.

I hope you will stop by my blog as I will have all the links there for most of the products I used and I will have one more project to share with you using Kimberly's stamps. And of course, Kimberly is offering up a free set of stamps for one lucky commenter on my blog. You can find out all the details on how you can win there.

Many Blessings to You, 
                                       

13 comments:

  1. Melissa, your chickies are adorable! I love that you added wobbles to them. The kids Teachers will get a kick out of that!
    The second card is awesome! The embossed clouds looks great with all the texture and what a fun placement for the sentiment...love that! The rain boots are darling and so fun to add the little bling by the rain drops!
    Great projects!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little chick cards. The second card is very pretty.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, love all of the fun papers and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those chickies! They are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, your chicky cards are just TOO Cute!!!
    As for the Simply Sentiments card Very PRETTY!!!
    Congrats on your GDS!!! You rock my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, I always enjoy your work and these projects are certainly no exception! :o) Your mini cards are delightful and be such a blessing to the teachers! And your other card using one of my all-time favorite MCS sentiments... you designed beautifully with it. Lovely work! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cards! Great idea to cut the stamp to make the sentiment work for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips