Saturday, April 19, 2014

DT Post by Karen - Adorable Puppy Dog Birthday!


Happy Saturday, everyone! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles to quickly share a birthday card with you! I pray everyone has a blessed Easter tomorrow. :o)

While not an Easter project, it is actually a perfect time to share this! It is made to bring love, light, and hope to a child suffering far more than he ever should. Whimsically designed, yet filled with healing divine light.

What little boy doesn't love a sweet puppy, right? :o)


This cutie pie is a cut file from KaDoodle Bug Designs. I used bright and cheerful papers from Doodlebug Designs, surrounding the pup with a paw print frame from the Silhouette Online Store. I wanted it to be like he was frolicking through the adorable tree-filled park. :o)


I love the circular sentiments Kimberly offers and Stamping All Around Spring is one of my favorites! I paired the fun birthday greeting with one of the gorgeous metal dies from Tiny Doilies 2. For a final festive touch, I topped the puppy's party hat with a pom made from Maraschino twine. I resisted the urge to add a plethora of sparkles since this is for a little boy, but I did sneak in some sparkling Core Couture paper for the paw prints and twinkling eyes. :o) 

Nestled beneath the celebratory doggie bone are five little hearts, cut out with the versatile Scrapping Life Cards Metal Dies. It's fun finding places to tuck a little extra love within projects. :o)

For further information about this card and its precious recipient, zip on over to my blog! Thank you for visiting and have a Happy Easter! :o)

3 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest card, Karen!! I love the adorable puppy and the fun shape!! It does look like he's frolicking through a tree-filled park!! The way you did the sentiment looks amazing!! Love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable!!
    Happy Easter!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Migdalia! Adorable!!! Love all your work as you know!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips