Tuesday, April 8, 2014

DT Post by Karen - Sweet Chick and Carrot house!


Happy Tuesday, crafty friends! Welcome to My Craft Spot! It's Karen here to share a happy little card with you! :o)

Sometimes you just need to use bits of seven different patterned papers in one card. ;)


This is for a very special child in need of extra love and sunshine. Driven by a desire to give any (and every) reason to smile, I made a sweet little scene filled with bright colors and designs. I used cut files from Little Scraps of Heaven and Treasure Box Designs for my primary elements.

For extra sweetness, I used two My Craft Sentiments. "Cute As A Bunny" is from the Stamping All Around Spring 2 set, which I've cut out with the coordinating Tiny Doilies metal dies. I halved the circular sentiment to use it as part of the duckie egg shell design. "Sending happy thoughts" is from the amazing Big Sentiments 2 stamp set, which is shortened to show the curves in my card base. The sun was made with the Lacy Banners set.


I couldn't resist using that delightful bunny paper for the window of my carrot house! Those rambunctious sweethearts are having all sorts of fun inside! I added Candied Orange crinkle ribbon and Honeydew twine for texture.

For more details about this whimsical card, hop on over to my blog at Kaleidoscopic Sparkles! Thank you for visiting and I wish you a blessed day! :o)

9 comments:

  1. Such a FUN and FABULOUS card design! The papers are so bright and love the patterns...the bunny is so stinken cute to Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!!! As I just commented on FB.....Overload of CUTENESS!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely adorable!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an amazing card! It would make anyone's day so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, all of the details are amazing! This is so beautiful I just love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips