Tuesday, April 1, 2014

DT Post by Sherrie - Cute Chicks card set!


Hi Everyone!
This is Sherrie  from Sherrie Scraps with Passion with a cute set of thank you cards to share with you today. I decided to make a few to have on hand....you can never have to many, ha?  Also, it's perfect for this weeks challenge at My Craft Spot

Our challenge this week is: Thank you cards/gifts.

Here is some inspiration :)

I picked up this adorable file on Freebie Friday in early March from Pretty Papers Pretty Ribbons and couldn't wait to cut these chicks out:) Aren't they sweet?


I started with a 4 x 4 card base then followed with a Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Square. The label is a Spellbinders Labels Twenty Two which I embossed with the Spots & Dots folder. The chicks are all from the Cute Chicks cutting file from Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons and cut at 3.52 on my cameo.


They are all adorable but I think I love this chick the most! I took the glasses and added glossy accents to them-it's hard to see in the photo but turned out super shiny-so fun!


I tied on a gingham bow with ribbon from my stash. I took a pear pin and ran it through the center of the tags. The tags are My Craft Spot's Tiny Tags metal die and stamped with the Tiny Tags and Tiny Tags 2  stamp sets.

Be sure to stop and check out what a DT has created for inspiration yesterday and then come back and join in the challenge. There is still plenty of time!

To see more pictures and information on this project, please visit my blog at 

Have a GREAT day!
Sherrie K

9 comments:

  1. These are the most adorable cards, Sherrie!! The chicks are so cute!! The design is awesome!! Absolutely fabulous cards - I love them!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coolest chicks that I have EVER seen!!! love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweeter than pie, Sherrie! :o) What a fun and adorable way to express your thanks to someone! I love the gorgeous layers and texture you always add to your projects. Beautifully done! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicks are so super cute, love the fun colors you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL!!! great chicky card I love the papers and the stamps you used. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable! Such cutie cards Sherrie!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips