Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter - Because of Him


I hope all of you are having a beautiful Easter Sunday!  As I look back on some of the events of this past year in my family . . . my Father-in-law passing away and my sister battling cancer . . . .  Jesus' life, and especially His resurrection, have given me much needed hope and comfort.

In July it will be one year since we found out that my little sister had breast cancer.  We have cried many tears together and alone and have prayed for her daily.  I don't get to see her as much as I would like since she lives in Texas and I live in Utah.  But, I had the wonderful opportunity of staying with her and her family to help out for a week while she had Chemo.  She has 4 little ones and I enjoyed spending that time getting to know them better!  It has been a difficult year for her and her family, but this week she finishes the last of her radiation treatments.  Yay!  She is an amazing lady and I love her very much!


Produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

John 20:11-17

11  But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,
12  And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13  And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
14  And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
15  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

The Savior lives and the resurrection is real.

Happy Easter!


5 comments:

  1. I wish your sister all the best and happy to hear the radiation treatments are soon over for her, Happy Easter, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give thanks to God she is on her last treatment . I pray she is cancer free. May God bless your family and I hope you had a terrific Eastrr Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly, this post is filled with so many things... you and your family have experienced much tribulation, but I take comfort in the fact that you continue to put your trust, hope, and faith in Him. Many turn away, but thankfully you have wisely chosen to draw nearer. Your sweet sister is in good hands. Always know that I stand in faith with you, as I did when you told us about your FIL. Our Father will be glorified in her deliverance!

    Happy Easter to you and your loved ones! He is risen indeed!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly, I am so sorry that this year has been a difficult one for you and your family - but rejoice in the wonderful news that your sister is ending her treatments! I remember the gorgeous card you made for her and it's nice to have an update - especially a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips