Friday, May 16, 2014

DT post by Karen - Gorgeous Tag Set!


Hello, crafty friends! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles with an encouragement tag set to share with you today! It's a nice way to dabble into the world of stenciling/inking fun, which was one of my goals with this project.

The first two were created a few weeks ago, so they make look familiar if you visit my sparkly little blog. I'm so excited to now have this gift complete, as I saved the third one to make during this Inking Technique week!


Featured today is the jewel-toned sunset version, brought to life by several of Kimberly's fantastic goodies. :o)


Each tag features one of the sweet butterflies from the Jar Full of Flowers stamp set, with its flourishing trail coming from Tiny Tags 2. (I love the gorgeous mini flourishes on that stamp set!) The honeycomb background was created with a Memory Box stencil and three shades of distress ink.


This variation showcases one of Kimberly's newest metal dies, the stunning Flowers- Rolled Roses. I let them fall open in slightly different measurements for an assortment. My sentiment is from the Simply Sentiments stamp set, as is the warm-toned sunset tag. The middle tag's sentiment is from Tiny Tags 2. I used My Craft Spot crinkle ribbon for each, in the lovely shades of Snow White, Aqua Mist, and Deep Purple.

The butterflies and flowers on each tag are covered with sheer shimmer from a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush marker, which is tough to capture on camera... but so pretty in person. :o)


For further details about this project and its recipient, please flutter on over to my blog. :o) Thank you for visiting and I wish you a blessed and sparkly day!



6 comments:

  1. They are ALL beautiful!! Adore the flowers!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely stunning tag!! I love how you varied the roll of the beautiful flowers to achieve a different look!! The butterfly and flourish are fabulous!! All three tags are just amazing and so inspirational!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers Karen, these are ALL so beautiful! You do such a fantastic job of showcasing MCS stamps and dies! The honeycomb background is so pretty-such a beautiful set of tags!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work - love the layers and layers! ~Laura http://craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tags are absolutely gorgeous!! Love the inked backgrounds

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips