Thursday, May 22, 2014

DT Post by Karen - Sweet Sailboat Shape Card!


Happy Thursday, crafty friends! This is Karen from Kaleidoscopic Sparkles with a short (but sweet) post! :o)

Shaped cards are always amongst my favorites, but I especially love that they pack a sweet punch when you don't have a ton of time available. I wanted to pour a ton of detailing into this, but the clock was against me! That is the beauty in shaped cards... this little sailboat will soon be fluttering straight into the heart of a precious baby girl named Violet who is in need of extra love and sunshine.


Because Violet is only 1 year old, I made it bright and whimsical! The sailboat is from the Silhouette Online Store and I decorated it with fun butterfly, heart, and polka dot Doodlebug papers. These sweet butterflies are fluttering over to Violet, guiding the sailboat with a base of love.


The sweet sentiment is from Stamping All Around Spring, which I've cut out with the coordinating Tiny Doilies metal dies and layered with a Tiny Doilies 2 stitched base. My flag on top was created with the Lacy Banners metal die set, which I've adorned with her sweet name. Kids always love personalization. :o)

For further details on this card and precious Violet, sail on over to my blog! :o) Thank you for visiting and I wish you a blessed day!

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karen!! The sailboat shape is so fun!! I love the papers and the fabulous pom-pom trim!! The butterfly paper looks amazing inside the beautiful sentiment, too!! This is fabulous!! Love, love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just Precious!!! Love it my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is one sweet little sailboat! I love the papers!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card for sweet Violet! I just love the shape and such fun papers! Your details are fabulous as always! So super sweet Karen!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so sweet looks like a sailboat that winkin' blinkin' and nod would've used to sail a wee one off to dream land.
    You are probably to young to know what I'm even talking about (LOL)
    You are a very super talented gal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love all the bling!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips