Friday, June 13, 2014

Guest Designer - Lisa (A Mermaid's Crafts)!

Happy Friday, everyone!! Lisa here from A Mermaid's Crafts and I am so excited and honored to be a guest designer for My Craft Spot today!! I adore all of Kimberly's stamps and dies and am constantly awed and inspired by her amazing design team!! They are so creative and talented!! Have you seen her latest release?? All must-haves!! I am so grateful to Kimberly for this opportunity :)


I am sharing with you today my shabby little garden, using one of my favorite stamp sets, Simply Sentiments. The paper for this card is from Prima's Lady Bird stack. The edges were distressed with a Zutter DIA.


The flowers are a mixture of Prima and The Paper Studio. Vines were cut with vellum and tucked among the blooms. The birdhouse is a Prima Shabby Chic Treasure and I attached it to the fence with floral wire that has been twisted. The birds were fussy cut from the paper. Sugar Coating was added to the butterflies to make them sparkle. They were attached with foam tape for dimension.


I thought Enjoy the Little Things In Life was perfect for this card...flowers, butterflies, birds...little things that make life grand :) The sentiment is from Kimberly's Simply Sentiments set:


Aren't all of the sentiments awesome??!! You can purchase it HERE. I also used the Tiny Doilies Metal Dies:


You can purchase them HERE.

I love this stamp set so much, I created another card to share with you :)


I used Bo Bunny's Primrose Collection for this card. The flowers are again a mixture of Prima and The Paper Studio.


Spellbinders Opulent Ovals were used, and the top layer was inked with Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. The butterflies were fussy cut from the paper.


This is my favorite sentiment because it is so true...faith does make things possible!!


I want to thank Kimberly again for having me as a guest designer!! I enjoyed it so much!! Be sure to stop by my blog, A Mermaid's Crafts for a chance to win one of Kimberly's awesome stamp sets!!

http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Thank you for stopping by!! Have a great day :)

9 comments:

  1. Lisa is an amazing artist! Love all of her work!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend, I am ecstatic for your guest designer day! YAY! Your cards are gorgeous! So many elements, so many textures, and so much beauty to celebrate these glorious sentiments. Beautifully designed masterpieces as always, Lisa! Congratulations on this happy occasion! SO deserved! :o)

    Sparkly hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on guest designer Lisa! These cards are absolutely stunning! You did a wonderful job as usual!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa did a beautiful job working with that Simply sentiments set, just gorgeous and she has a lovely blog too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats my friend on your GDS!!! I absolutely love your GORGEOUS cards!! The sentiments are beautiful and just touched my heart!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your GDT, Lisa. Two beautiful creations. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your GD spot Lisa! You did an amazing job showcasing MCS stamps! Your cards are simply gorgeous-love all the details! I am off to your blog to see more!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! All of the details and embellishment add a special touch to the cards. The sentiments are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are GORGEOUS Lisa!!! You are so super talented!!
    Congrats on your Guest Designer Spot!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thanks so much!

Blogging tips